Don’t allow friendship with a person with Arabic name or a ‘fake’ Hindu name in disguise.
Muslim man convicted for murdering his ex-girlfriend’s father and sister in ‘ill-conceived plan’ to get back together with her because the Hindu family did not approve.
- Iftekhar Murtaza, 29, was convicted Friday for the fiery attack on the Dhanak family in Orange County in 2007
- Murtaza was found guilty of stabbing to death Jaypraykash Dhanak, 56, slitting the throat of his 20-year-old daughter, Karishma, and setting their bodies on fire
- Wife Leela Dhanak was stabbed in the stomach and had her throat slashed, but miraculously survived
- Mr Murtaza concocted the murder plot with two friends after Dhanka’s youngest daughter, Shayona, broke up with him over religious differences
- Mr Murtaza married a 20-year-old suspected murderess in jail in 2011 after exchanging letters with her for five months
- Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty